We advised AECOM, Lend Lease Construction and GPT on the successful installation of a 5.0m replacement tree In the Central Node area at Charlestown Square Shopping Centre.
GPT required a feature tree to be located in the Central Node as part of the new extension of the shopping mall.
The tree originally planted and specified by others was failing, and we were contracted to advise a solution.
To fulfill contractual obligations Lend Lease Constructions required a replacement tree as quickly as possible.
Action by IPT:
Identified the planted tree as an unsuitable species.
- Sourced, inspected and tagged a more suitable replacement tree.
- Applied PLIMA® principles to identify issues contributing to the failure.
- Measured the available natural light and estimated Daily Light Integral
- Advised on supplementary light requirements and specified lamps.
- Supervised the overnight planting of the replacement tree.
- Advised the maintenance contractor on a specific maintenance schedule