We advised Mirvac on the bamboo installation 1 Bond Street, Sydney.
- ‘Temple Bamboo’ installed in the foyer/lobby of 20 Bond Street, Sydney (by others) showing poor appearance.
- Innovative Plant Technology asked to provide specialist advice:
- whether the light levels are appropriate for this species of bamboo, or if the bamboo is being over-irrigated.
- If the bamboo was replaced if it would survive or what other species would we recommend
- immediate assessment and recommendations to stop further decline
- recover the design intent for a healthy green screen
Action by IPT
- IPT applied the PLIMA® Systematic approach to this installation
- Recommended a more suitable bamboo species for this location
- Measured available plant light and specified lamps to provide supplementary light
- Tested irrigation system
- Recommended remedial treatment for soil disease.
- Sourced a bamboo nursery to provide the appropriate species
- Supervised the removal of the installed bamboo and replacement with more appropriate species
- Provided a maintenance schedule