Innovative Plant Technology provided specialist advice and technical support to AECOM, in the design process for a successful palm installation at North Lakes Link Mall, Brisbane, a Scentre Group/Dexus project.
Scentre Group Design requested Innovative Plant Technology to provide a scope of service for installation/inspection and inspection/reporting, and advice on installation for three internal palms, to be installed in the Westfield North Lakes Link Mall.
Scentre Group Design Services required the selection of three suitable 4.5m Cabbage Tree palms to be installed in the North Lakes Link Mall Shopping Centre extension ready for the mid-November 2016 opening.
Action by IPT
Scope of Services
- Nursery inspection to select, tag and report on health and acceptability of palms.
- Inspect planting locations, prior to palm installation, for drainage and irrigation provisions and review soil test results.
- Measure and evaluate available daylight including Photosynthetically Active Radiation (PAR) measurements to determine Total Daily Light integral (DLI) at Solar Noon and two hours before and two hours after.
- Cooperate with the glazing contractor re glass selection to meet the design requirements, while allowing maximum spectral quality for palm health.
- Cooperate with the lighting engineer on supplementary lighting requirements re location of lamps, light direction and timing.
- Be on-site for palm installation to confirm acceptability/health of palms and correct installation process, including guying.
- Post installation inspection at twelve weeks to confirm positive progress.
- Post installation inspection at 6 months, and report.
- IPT to be available by phone or email to provide ongoing advice and consultation as required, for twelve months post installation regarding palm performance.