We advised Hassell Studio, Mirvac Construction and Ernst & Young on the installation of a 3.6m tree on the 35th floor of 200 George Street Sydney.
- As the major tenant of 200 George Street, Sydney, Ernst & Young required a feature tree to be located on the 35th
- As the building was still under construction this allowed a long lead time to secure and acclimatise the tree.
- Ernst & Young expected the successful installation of a 3.6m evergreen tree.
- The tree to thrive and grow over the longer term (10 – 15 years)
Action Taken by IPT
- advised the design architect on suitable indoor tree species
- sourced and secured a suitable tree from the grower and advised on acclimatisation procedures
- in collaboration with lighting engineer advised on supplementary light requirements and specified lamps
- advised on a sub irrigated container (without drainage requirements) and nominated a supplier
- prepared specifications and tender documents for the tree installation and maintenance
- nominated a panel of suitable contractors for invitation to submit tenders
- advised the client on tender compliance
- oversaw successful tree installation
- monitor tree health and performance for twelve months